Pediatrics & Neonatology
Department of Pediatrics & Neonataology
- One of the largest & busiest unit of area.
- Under supervision of Prof. Abdul Ghaffer Billoo.
- Recognized as Baby Friendly Unit Promoting Lactation management.
- Catering 7,000 Infants and 6,000 children per annum in Inpatient and almost 50,000 patients per year in Outpatient.
- FRCP, FCPS faculty supervising Outpatient, Vaccination, Emergency, Inpatient and Intensive Care facilities.
- Post Graduate Training Centre which is recognized by CPSP and by PMDC for House Job training.
- Out Patient Department (OPD) conducts day & night Consultant Clinic (9AM to 12MN), Immunization and well baby clinic, Paeds Surgery, Thalasemia and Lactation Management Clinics.
- Inpatient Department (IPD) comprises of special baby care unit, General Wards, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with Ventilator support and Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) with Ventilator support.
- Experienced & committed team of doctors, Nurses, Technicians and other supporting staff trying to save the new generation.
Other Salient features:
- OPD record keeping, Day long and night time Consultant Clinic.
- Portable X-ray, Ultrasound, incubator and ABG facilities.
- 24 hours emergency checkup, admissions, ICU and operative facilities.
- Catering premature, very low birth weight, respiratory distress, Sepsis, Acute Gastro-entits, Pneumonia, Enteric fever, meningitis and other complicated diseases.
- Paediatric Surgery Service offering OPD, elective & emergency surgeries including neonate surgery.
- Quintuplets (5 babies) born in 2006 and all survived.
Kharadar General Hospital is offering Preventive paediatrics service through vaccination department since 1963.
Education & Training
Post Graduate Training Centre which is recognized by CPSP and PMDC for House Job training.